PSALM 30:11-12

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."
Psalm 30:11-12

Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Trip of a Lifetime! (March 20)

Sitting on our last flight home, my mind and heart were full. 



Both filled with sweet (and very crazy!) memories from the last 10 days...

Riding a camel in Jerusalem!


"It's fun to play at the..."

Walking on water?!
My eyes, a hit among the Jericho boys, got me some flowers and "dates!" (LOL!)
Drinking chocolate milk from a bag in the Jerusalem market...SO GOOD!
Enjoying the sunshine!
Baklava! (Yum!)
My mom and I, livin' it up in the Holy Land!
A fresh banana...picked straight off the tree!

Pizza Hut pizza at the Tel Aviv airport!
Walking where Jesus walked!

My uncle recently shared this hymn with my mom and I, and it brought tears to my eyes. In closing, I want to share it with you...

I walked today where Jesus walked, in days of long ago, 
I wandered down each path he knew, with reverent step and slow. 
Those little lanes they have not changed, a sweet peace fills the air,
I walked today where Jesus walked, and felt His Presence there.

My pathway led through Bethlehem, ah memories ever sweet, 
The little hills of Galilee, that knew those childish feet.
The Mount of Olives, hallowed Scenes, that jesus knew before,
I saw the might Jordan roll, as in the days of yore.

I knelt today where Jesus knelt, where all alone he prayed,
The Garden of Gethsemane, my heart felt unafraid.
I picked my heavy burden up, and with him at my side, 
I climbed the Hill of Calvary, where on the cross He died.

I walked today where Jesus walked, and felt Him close to me.

I am forever changed because of this trip. Thank you for your love, prayers, votes, support, and encouragement. They are what allowed me to go on this adventure in the first place and are what sustained me while I was there. What a blessing you all are to me! I am also so very thankful for the KSBJ and NGEN staff and for Educational Opportunity Tours. The whole experience was more than I could ever have imagined. It truly was, a trip of a lifetime!

Home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment