PSALM 30:11-12

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."
Psalm 30:11-12

Saturday, March 22, 2014

"He Has Risen!" (March 19)


It is our last day in Israel, and as we walked back to the hotel from the Jerusalem market this evening, Bryan (from NGEN radio) asked the following question, “What experience has hit home for you the most?” It didn’t take me long to respond, because in that moment, my heart was still recovering from the exact experience that he was referring to. 

That experience being, our visit to the Garden Tomb. 



Standing outside the tomb, I was overcome with emotion. The fact that Jesus died and rose again is the only reason that I have hope today. 



Standing inside the tomb, I couldn’t keep the smile from my face, the joy from my heart! “Then the angel said to the women, Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where he lay.” Matthew 28:5-6



He defeated the grave! He conquered death, and because He did, so many years ago, I no longer have to fear it. What hope the empty tomb has given believers! What hope the empty tomb has given me! Has given my family! Has given my son!


The Garden was full of people today, but I didn’t even notice. As we sat with our entire group for the Lord’s Supper, it felt like we were the only ones there. We sang, we prayed, we recited the Lord’s Prayer together, and we took communion as one. (Oh, what a blessing it is to be a part of the family of God!) 


I walked from the Garden and into the gift shop and it was then that I saw it. An olive wood carving of Jesus holding a little lamb in his arms. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4 

Because He lives, my fears are stilled. He shepherds my heart and He holds me close. Today, tomorrow, and forever. 

And this realization, this beautiful truth, is what has hit home for me the most.

Praise God!...“He has risen!”

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful preparation of heart for you, and for those who read read this blog, to enter this Easter season with thankful, humble hearts. Your thoughts, photos, Scriptural reflections sum up the. Resurrection story. Thanks for taking time to compose and post it!

    ReplyDelete