PSALM 30:11-12

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."
Psalm 30:11-12

Thursday, March 13, 2014

We Made It! (March 11-12)


Woohoo! We made it!! After our flight landed in Israel, we made our way to the hotel. It was dark as the bus, full of weary travelers, made it's way across the holy city. It was raining and the pitter patter on the roof was oddly comforting. The tour guide welcomed everyone and then conversations began to pop up across the rows. I couldn't  help but smile as I listened. Movies seen on the plane were excitedly discussed. A super fast subway ride and a crazy airport bus adventure was wildly remembered and everyone agreed that the price of a cup of coffee at the London airport was outrageous. (And I totally agree; HOWEVER, the fact that we drank coffee in LONDON is just plain awesome!!) A lady in the back of the bus wanted to know if the signs that she saw on the side of the road were written in Hebrew or Arabic, and the man near her answered that he thought they were written in both. My mom gently nudged me and said "look!" I peeled my eyes from my typing and excitedly turned towards the window. "What do you see?!" She shrugged her shoulders and exclaimed, "I don't know, but it looks old!" (Oh my! I can already tell this is going to be a fun trip!) There is a 7 hour time difference. Needless to say, we are super exhausted and a little incoherent in our thinking.  So, when our tour guide decided to start our day tomorrow at 8:30am instead of 7:30, we were thankful! We have a jammed packed itinerary waiting for us and we cannot wait to get it started!! However, an extra hour of sleep is greatly appreciated!



 

 Thank you for your love and prayers. They mean so much!! Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I know y'all are going to have a wonderful time, praying for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, the beauty and meaning of your experiences reach my heart! I told someone how beautiful it was and they replied, "Oh are there a lot of pictures?" I said that you write so beautifully about it that it conveys scenery and passion. Thanks for taking time to write. May these last days be a great blessing as well! Off to traverse the Pasadena Territory!

    ReplyDelete